The magic of orthodontics! Many would see this case as beyond the scope of Invisalign. There's lots of spaces along with a severe deep underbite. However, we saw this as a fun challenge that could really change someone's life!
As with all orthodontics cases, Invisalign success depends partially on the clinician, but MOSTLY on the patient. All patients undergoing Invisalign MUST:
1) Wear each aligner at least 20-22 hours per day - this allows the Invisalign aligner to maximize its time to move teeth
2) Only take the aligner off when eating, brushing and flossing. Otherwise it stays in the mouth at all times!
3) Make it to each and every single orthodontic appointment in the office
4) Don't lose the aligners! Make sure your pets stay away from these aligners, they think Invisalign is a chew toy :)
We initially estimated this case would take about two years, based on the severity of the underbite and the amount of spaces to close between each tooth
We use Class 3 Elastics (left) to help correct the underbite and re-position the mandible.
Voila! This case took 14 months! Note the following changes:
1) Correction of the underbite to ideal overbite and overjet.
2) Closure of all the gaps between the teeth
3) Improved lip support and development
4) An absolutely stunning smile to show off!
Dr. Mat and Dr. Jen will occasionally post cases or pictures from our office!